As a leading provider of family short breaks in the UK, Center Parcs has five Villages, each located in a beautiful forest environment. Center Parcs has sustainability and the environment at the heart of all their decisions. Their aim is to be one of the leading sustainable 'Large Scale Tourism Destinations' in the UK, resulting in any development that is approved being constantly regulated throughout the build to stay in-keeping with this vision.
The strict regulations set by Center Parcs relating to sustainability were a key focus point during the product specification phase. Bradstone Rough Dressed walling blocks satisfied this brief due to being a reconsituted stone block, allowing the rough dressed finish of natural stone to be achieved, without the associated environmental issues. Center Parcs utilised the Iron Ham shade, although this product is available in a total of 7 shades. Other product benefits include:
- Unique walling block design allows for consistent mortar joints
- Rationalised sizes provides compatibility with conventional cavity wall construction
- Each walling block has a profiled end
An additional feature to the Woburn Forest lodges was a small BBQ facility built using the concrete block Masterblock Fairfaced in Buff. This product has an A+ Green Guide rating, making them suitable for this project, whilst also being economical for the client. Other product benefits include;
- Available in both dense and lightweight options
- Available in Buff and Grey shades
- Quality assured manufacture provides a one face and one end guarantee
- Able to use internally and externally.
- Innovation central to the lodge design
- Woodland setting
- High quality yet rustic finish