The project of building the eco-friendly offices for the council situated on the Kidderminster/Stourport border is a key element of the authority’s plans to deliver revenue savings of £500,000 year on year which will save taxpayers money and can be directed into front-line services. This building project will also see the Council delivering on its promise to reduce CO2 emissions from its buildings by 85%.
The building has been designed with the aim of achieving an ‘excellent’ BREEAM(Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method)rating. This means that the building will contain a number of innovative low carbon technologies including ground source heat pump and a green roof.
This development began as a Marshalls & Berge de Bierges specification, however this was then switched to our charcon stonemaster flag paving due to its strong environmental credentials.
Our Charcon StoneMaster is a revolutionary flag paving with the following benefits attributed throughout the range;
- Contains a minimum of 50% recycled or reclaimed material
- The fine stone aggregate mix replicates either a natural Sandstone or Granite stone
- Pencil chamfered edge for enhanced aesthetics and protection against laying damage
- Nationwide stock availability
- More economical than natural stoneFixed sizes for ease of design
- Available as an Infilta concrete block permeable paver.
New Wyre District Council
Thomas Vale Construction PLC
- Environmental considerations
- Hard wearing alternative to natural stone
- Readily available