On time delivery of our products to our customers’ sites is critical for the continued success of our business. However, we recognise that the transporting of our products and services can have adverse social and environmental impacts including:
- Use of fossil fuels
- CO2 emissions
- Increased road vehicle movements
- Nuisance to local residents.
Our transport emissions currently stand at the lowest level since we started reporting in 2008 when we emitted 4.21 KgCO2e/ tonne. This improvement is as a result of both better data collection and efficiencies in our logistics.
We combine Aggregate Industries' commitment to sustainable transportation with London’s most respected Marine Co-ordinator and one of the largest fleets of tugs and barges on the River Thames, Medway and the South East’s waterways.
For the movement of aggregates, containers, bulky materials, waste, plant and specialist items into, out of or within London and the South East contact one of the team at Bennett’s Barges.
020 7407 9991
Ready mix concrete
- Logistics sustainability transport plan (pdf, 241.09 KB)
- Glensanda Pilotage directions (pdf, 75.36 KB)
- The Mariners guide to Glensanda (pdf, 1.02 MB)
- The mariners guide to Rhugh Garbh (pdf, 435.58 KB)