Aggregate Industries picks up Construction Industry Oscar
Aggregate Industries Commercial Hard Landscaping has been named Construction Product Manufacturer of the Year in the prestigious Contract Journal awards, widely regarded as the construction industry Oscars.
Now in their 10th year, the Contract Journal Construction Industry Awards are the most prestigious in the construction industry. Developed with the industry for the industry, they reward innovation and excellence in British construction. The Aggregate Industries contingent were therefore understandably proud to take their place on the rostrum at the black tie awards dinner in the Great Room of London’s Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane on 6th October.
One of the UK’s premier hard landscaping companies, Aggregate Industries have developed, and continues to develop, a range of innovative new products designed specifically to address current industry issues and provide solutions in response to Government and industry initiatives. For example, the unique Charcon K-lite Lightweight Kerb is helping local authorities to work more safely in compliance with new HSE manual handling guidelines whilst its reinforced Ultrapave Flag Paving is helping local authorities to provide both safe and attractive pedestrian environments.
In response to moves towards more sustainable development, Aggregate Industries have used recycled and secondary aggregates to manufacture its successful precast concrete EcoPave Flag Paving and Block Paving and EcoKerb ranges and is at the forefront of parent company Aggregate Industries’ industry-leading Sustainable Urban Drainage offering, developed to reduce the impact of development on the natural environment.
The announcement marks the high point in a hugely successful year for Aggregate Industries who have also picked up a British Precast Concrete Federation Best Practice Award and been shortlisted in the Builder and Engineer Awards and The Concrete Society Awards, the latter in conjunction with Nottingham City Council for the transformation of Maid Marian Way.
- London concrete’s carbon neutral ECOPact Concrete used at landmark Watford development
- Aggregate Industries expands its low carbon concrete product range with the launch of ECOPact Prime AS
- Aggregate Industries launches UK’s first ever commercially available biogenic asphalt
- Aggregate Industries discusses the challenges of a low carbon transition for the construction industry at University of Bath research seminar
- Proving performance and sustainability go hand-in-hand: London Concrete successfully supplies a seven-day continuous slipform pour with ECOPact Prime - low carbon concrete
Find out how we can help your project