We are currently going through an unprecedented event that has a big impact on our personal lives, our priorities and the way we conduct our business. The health and safety of our employees, customers and our communities is, and will continue to be, paramount. At the same time, we maintain our commitment to offer the highest level of products and services to our customers and currently, our business is operating as usual.
We are constantly reviewing the government advice and we are going above and beyond that to implement the appropriate measures. We have a Business Resilience Team in place who are monitoring the situation and developing and implementing processes as required to make sure we offer continued supply to our customers, as well as minimising any risk. We have put in place a comprehensive plan to minimise any potential disruptions to your business:
● We have stopped all unnecessary travel and minimised face-to-face contact where possible. We have also stopped all non-critical external visits to our sites
● We have regular communications to all our employees on new governmental requirements and how to stay healthy. We have also equipped all our sites with hand sanitiser and extra means of cleaning and sanitising the sites
● We reinforced H&S protocols to our employees, including Coronavirus specific requirements
● We have conducted extensive site trial runs to ensure that we have all the systems and tools in place to allow part of our workforce to work remotely. As a result, we were able to send those employees that can conduct their activity offsite to work from home
● We have switched to longer shift mode to protect our operational staff
● We have reviewed our supply chain and built up stocks where necessary. Aggregate Industries operate a network of more than 300 sites across UK, so we can maintain supplies even if a plant was forced to close for a short period of time
● Our supply chain is robust and the vast majority of our raw materials are supplied from our own quarries and cement works
We recognise that this is a test for all of us, but I can assure you that the Aggregate Industries team and I, are fully committed to keeping our customers at the heart of our business and I know that through close collaboration, we will overcome the current difficulties.