Tactile paving supplied to Llantwit Major railway station
Galliford Try were contracted by Network Rail to construct the new station at Llantwit Major, as part of the reopening of a line running from Brigent to Cardiff. The entire project cost £17 million and was funded by the Welsh Assembly Government, with the work carries out under the supervision of Network Rail.
The project was to be run to very tight deadlines, to counter act some existing overruns in the overall project, and to restore a line lost to the railway cuts of the 1960's which was seen as vital to revitalising the area.
Two new platforms were built at Llantwit Major (400m in total length), and these are of solid fill construction, with tactile paviors fitted, to inform the visually impaired when they are approaching the platform edge.
Tactile paviors, the copings, and the oversaid blocks were supplied on this project.
As well as Llantwit Major, we've been involved in many rail projects, both minor and major including the refurbishment of St Pancras Station, the underground and mainline stations at Heathrow Terminal 5, London Underground stations, and Manchester Metro.
- Express Asphalt Derby site improvements using SuperColour Ultra
- Millbrook Road West resurfaced with low carbon SuperLow asphalt
- Aggregate Industries supports in creating the UK’s first ‘clean air’ substation
- Aggregate Industries offers green solution to A46 Warwick Bypass project
- Aggregate Industries lightens the load for Transport for London
Find out how we can help support your next project
- Project cost £17million
- 400m length of new platform
"New Stations are still quite rare as opposed to replacment platforms or extensions.This particualr job was very straight foward thanks to the good working relations with Galliford Try."