A flagship development for Bryant Homes, Grand Union Village is located on a 54-acre site in Southall, West London. This stylish urban village features 700 canal-side Eco-homes, a new marina and places to shop, eat and drink.
Project objectives: Grand Union Village provided Bryant Homes with an opportunity to stretch the boundaries of residential development design and set a new standard for 21st century homes. Our challenge was to provide a high specification, durable hard landscaping solution that embraced the sophisticated styling of the marina and surrounding area.
A combination of aesthetic block and flag paving was supplied for use on the development’s roads, parking areas, driveways, gardens and a network of walkways surrounding the marina. The completed project saw an initial phase of 600m2 expanded substantially as work extended to the other side of the marina.
The use of Woburn Rumbled gives a range of colour hues that complement the brickwork and painting of the house types.
“The canal and marina give Grand Union Village its unique appeal and this has been reflected in the landscape design. We have worked with Aggregate Industries in the past, so we were comfortable specifying the company’s block and flag paving products throughout the development.”
Vanessa Ross, Project Landscape Architect, Allen Pyke Associates
- Woburn Rumbled block paving has the appearance of sandstone cobbles and is available in a wide range of colour mix options and sizes to accommodate large scale and intimate spaces.
- Natural Granite setts are strong and durable. In various colours, textures and finishes they are perfect for heritage or contemporary applications.
- Malvern is a premium quality flag incorporating innovative aggregate formulation. Colour, texture and size ranges complement existing landscapes or can create features in their own right.
- These products are suitable for all pedestrian areas, and areas with vehicular overrun, subject to the correct design procedures being followed*.
Allen Pyke Associates
Agetur UK Limited
- Multiple Products
- Good Environmental rating
- High quality and modern style
The canal and marina give Grand Union Village its unique appeal and this has been reflected in the landscape design. We have worked with Aggregate Industries in the past, so we were comfortable specifying the company’s block and flag paving products throughout the development.